Setting up on-demand workflows allows you to configure forms so that Elentra users can initiate a form when needed without administrative staff creating a distribution.
This article covers the following topics. Click on the topic to go to that section of the article.
- On-Demand Workflows Overview
- Types of Workflows
- Optional Automatic Expiry Date for On Demand Tasks
- User Experience
On-Demand Workflows Overview
Allow users to initiate assessment tasks (EPA-based and other)
Allow learners to initiate rotation and faculty evaluations
Allow learners or faculty to initiate CBME assessments (e.g. Supervisor form) on demand
Allow learners or faculty to initiate any generic assessment form on demand
Allow learners to initiate faculty evaluations on demand
Allow learners to initiate rotation evaluations on demand
- Forms will only show on the Start Assessment screen if they have an affiliated workflow. If a form's workflow is set to None it will not be available on demand and should be used only in distributions.
- To use on-demand workflows, all forms associated with a workflow must be permissioned to a course.
- Only learners should be set up to initiate faculty and rotation evaluations on demand. This is because Elentra uses learners' schedules to determine which forms they should be able to access. There is no user interface to support faculty completing standard course and faculty evaluation forms.
- Setting up a workflow requires both configuration work within Elentra by administrators, and also assistance from Elentra support.
Setting up an On-Demand Workflow
Create a form through Admin> Assessment & Evaluation> Forms, ensure the form type that you've associated with your chosen workflow is selected upon creation in the Form Type field.
- EPA: This is designed specifically for organizations using CBME. Use for forms tagged to EPAs that you want learners to be able to trigger. Forms using the EPA workflow contribute to CBME dashboards. Please note that forms generated from CBME form templates (e.g., supervisor form) will automatically have an EPA workflow added to them.
- Be aware that if you are using the EPA workflow, you will need to create a Global Assessment Scale as a scale type on the form you are using for the On-Demand workflow. To do so, you will need to contact Elentra support and request them to associate the created global assessment scale with the Form Types you want to use for the work flows.
Other Assessment Form: Use for forms that you want learners to be able to trigger and complete on demand without tagging to EPAs, or forms that you don't want to appear in the EPA list when triggering. Can be applied to both forms tagged with EPAs/milestones and forms that are not tagged with EPAs/milestones. Only forms with EPAs/milestones tagged will contribute to CBME Learner and Program dashboards.
Faculty Evaluation: Use for faculty evaluations. Learners can initiate on demand. A date range is included when triggered. Optionally use with standard faculty evaluation form types.
Rotation Evaluation: Use only for rotation evaluations and when scheduling learners in rotations using the Clinical Experience Rotation Scheduler. Learners can initiate on demand. Optionally use with standard faculty evaluation form types.
Be aware that learners can only evaluate rotations that they have completed or are currently in. They cannot initiate an evaluation for a rotation scheduled in the future.
- None: Use for forms that you do not want users to be able to initiate on demand. You can still attach these forms to distributions. You can still tag EPAs or milestones as needed.
- Generic Form
- Supervisor Form
- Field Note Form
- Procedure Form
- PPA Form
- Rubric Form
- Standard Rotation Evaluation Form
- Standard Faculty Evaluation Form
Note: Organizations with CBME enabled will see the additional form types of rubric, supervisor, field note, procedure, PPA, and form templates.
Select a workflow (options available will depend on how you have configured workflows in your database).
Remaining steps will depend on the workflow selected.
Note: There is a database setting to control whether learners can add an external assessor when initiating an on demand task (setting = cbme_ondemand_start_assessment_add_assessor). If you don't see an option for learners to an external assessor and you'd like to, contact Elentra support to have this setting enabled.