The Restricted Days tool allows you to indicate days that are restricted within an organization.
Once set up, users who try to schedule an event on one of these days or when using the Event Series (Recurring Events) feature will receive a warning message notifying them that an event falls on a restricted day and the reason for that restriction. Users can ignore the warning and schedule an event anyway, if desired.
Permission to Admin > System Settings > Restricted Days
You must have the following permission level to access this feature:
- Medtech > Admin
- Navigate to Admin > System Settings.
- Select the organisation for which you would like to identify Restricted Days.
- Click Restricted Days in the left-hand sidebar.
- Click Add Restricted Days.
- Select the appropriate date type, noting that you can add a specific date (e.g., Dec. 25), a weekly day (e.g., every Friday), a monthly day (e.g., the first Wednesday of the month), or a yearly date (e.g., the last Monday of May).
- Provide a reason for the restriction. Users will see the provided reason if they try to create an event on the restricted day.
- Indicate whether the restricted day should occur annually or not.
- Click Submit. The newly created restricted day will display on the list of Restricted Days.
Viewing Restricted Days When Scheduling Recurring Events
If you are creating a recurring event schedule and one of the dates conflicts with a restricted day, you'll see a warning. Users can ignore the warning and still schedule an event on that day if they so desire.