Create and assign curriculum tracks to courses & associated learning events, users, and Assessment & Evaluation items, forms, and distributions
This article covers the following topics. Click on the topic to go to that section of the article.
- Curriculum Tracks Introduction
- Create and Manage Curriculum Tracks
- Editing and Deleting a Curriculum Track
- Assigning a Curriculum Track
Curriculum Tracks Introduction
- Assign a track to a course and associated learning events
- Assign a track to a student user
- Assign a track to Assessment and Evaluation items, forms and distributions
Note: Curriculum Tracks can be disabled with a database setting (disable_curriculum_tracks). If Curriculum Tracks have been disabled, the option will disappear from System Settings. To enable or disable Curriculum Tracks for your organization, contact Elentra Support.
Create and Manage Curriculum Tracks
Step 1: From anywhere within Elentra, click on Admin > Manage Curriculum > Curriculum Tracks.
- Track Name: Name of the curriculum track that will show throughout the system.
- Track Code: Allows administrators of multi-campus institutions the ability to tag each curriculum track with a unique identifier. This is a mandatory field, and must be completed when creating a new Curriculum Track through the Add Track page.
When entering a value for this field, there are two restrictions:1. The Track Code must be unique within the organization.
2. There are no spaces permitted in a Track Code.
- Order: Allows you to order your curriculum track list by dragging and dropping the tracks. The list is not in alphabetical order by default.
- Track description
- Public URL for the track.
Editing/Deleting a Curriculum Track
Editing curriculum tracks
Deleting curriculum tracks
Assigning a Curriculum Track
Curriculum tracks can be assigned to
- Courses & Associated Learning Events
- A User
- Assessment & Evaluation items, forms and distributions
The option to assign a curriculum track to courses, learning events, user profiles or Assessment and Evaluation items, forms and distributions will only be available in the user interface if curriculum tracks are added under Admin > Manage Curriculum > Curriculum Tracks.
Assigning a Track to a Course & Associated Learning Events
Assigning a track to a learning event
In order to add a curriculum track to a learning event, the curriculum track must have been added to the event's associated course first. If it has been added to the course, then the Curriculum Tracks drop-down selection menu will be active on the Adding Event page, and will allow you to select one or more of the available curriculum tracks in the system. The curriculum track can be added while creating an event or added to an existing event.
Step 1: Navigate to Admin > Manage Events. Either add a new event or select the event you wish to edit.
Step 2: On the Adding Event page or the event's Setup tab scroll to the Event Details section and find the Curriculum Tracks field. Select one or more of the available curriculum tracks.
On existing learning events, curriculum tracks assigned to the event can be modified by accessing the event's Setup page. Existing curriculum tracks can be added to the event by using the drop-down menu available by clicking the Browse Curriculum Tracks field or removed using the delete button on the right-side of the track row (the white minus sign in the red circle). These changes will be applied upon saving.
Step 3: Click Save.
Editing Recurring Events
If the event is part of a recurring series, then curriculum track changes made to one event in the series can be applied to one or more of the remaining events using the Recurring Events sidebar. While on the Editing Event page for one of the events, after making a change to the Curriculum Tracks (i.e. Adding or Removing), select the Curriculum Track option in the Recurring Events sidebar menu. Then, select the related events to which you wish to apply those same changes. After saving the event being edited, changes to the Curriculum Tracks will be applied to all events.
Copying Learning Events
- When copying a learning event, the curriculum track(s) is/are automatically copied over.
- When creating a new Draft Learning Event Schedule, Curriculum Tracks can be copied over from the source Course.
Importing Learning Events
When importing Learning Events to a Draft Learning Event Schedule, Curriculum Tracks can be added by inserting the Curriculum Track Codes associated with the Curriculum Tracks to be added to each event on the import CSV.
Assign a Track to a User
Assign a Track to an Assessment & Evaluation Item
Warning: Once a form has been distributed and completed by any users you will not be able to edit the Curriculum Track field. You will be able to edit the Curriculum Track field on an item or distribution at any time.