Search your curriculum across events and tags
This article covers the following topics. Click on the topic to go to that section of the article.
- Curriculum Search Overview
- How to use the Curriculum Search
- How to use advanced options
- Exporting events from Curriculum Search
Curriculum Search Overview
The Curriculum Search tool is available to all users by default and uses Boolean search terms to look for content within learning events. It searches event titles, event descriptions, and curriculum tag names. Users can also use advanced options to search the title and description of files attached to learning events.
How To Use The Curriculum Search
To access the Curriculum Search tool, first click Curriculum>Curriculum Search from the navigation tab.
- By default Elentra requires a minimum of four characters to search. This is to prevent returning thousands of results for searches of three or fewer letters.
- You can optionally use the advanced search to filter the results or to additionally search the title and descriptions of attached files and/or child events.
Step 2: Click Search and your results will display on the screen.
- Elentra searches event titles, event descriptions, the event required preparation field, and curriculum tags attached to the event for the word you entered.
- Your search term will be highlighted if it is in the description of a relevant learning event.
2. Timeline view: This view displays the returned events by cohort on a timeline. Scroll through the results or quickly jump from year to year using the links on the right above the timeline. Mouse over an event for its course affiliation and length. View a total count of results returned per cohort in the left sidebar.
3. Table view: This view shows you course name, learning event, date, duration, description, unit (if enabled), event types, and teachers. Export your results as desired.
How To Use Advanced Options
Step 1: On the Curriculum Search page, click Advanced Options.
Step 2: Select parameters to apply to your search including cohort, academic year, curriculum tag sets, filter fields, course and weeks (weeks will only appear if units/weeks is enabled in your installation).
- To add a Tag Set click on the name of the desired tag set and click Add just below the list of tag sets. You can hide this list as desired by clicking Hide List. Adding a Tag Set to your search means only events with something from that tag set will be included in the results.
- The Search Filter Operator options include: is, is not, contains, does not contain, starts with, does not start with, ends with, and does not end with.
- Example: Search for "heart disease" and add a "Teachers is not Dr. Greene" filter
- To clear just some existing filters click the small x on each filter card. To remove all filters, click Reset.
- Click Reset to clear all filters before beginning a new search.